- I spent this past weekend prepping for my trip to NYC this Saturday. The guys will be alone. Hubby will have two days of getting himself and RJ ready for work and school. Also, he will have to get our dogs fed and walked. Anyway, I needed to make sure I had everything, and that they would have food, even though I’m sure they will eat junk food the majority of the time! Also, I’m packing light! Only a carry-on! This is a huge deal for me. I purchased a weekender bag. *I didn’t have one because I never pack light, not even for a weekend trip!* I’m taking a few maxi-dresses, shorts and tops. I’m limiting myself to two pairs of shoes and really streamlining my hair care products!
- RJ has stopped sleeping through the night:( He wakes up every night around 3 or 4am! Usually, one of us will go in and rock him back to sleep, or he ends up in our bed. Last night I decided to lay down the law and refused to rock him and make him lay down and put himself to sleep in his bed. I would sit in the room so he knew I was present. However, every time I got up to leave the room, his head would pop up! Fast-forward an hour, I’m pissed and he’s delirious! I cave take him to our bed and he’s asleep before his head hits the pillow:| Ughhh… I’ll deal with this when I get back…
- I really like author Connie Briscoe. I read Sisters & Lovers years ago and was hooked. I’ve read several other books written by her and loved them as well. So, I can’t understand what went wrong with Money Can’t Buy Love! I’m forcing myself to read it but it’s on the road to becoming one those books on my Kindle that I abandon! Lenora, the lead character, is too damn needy; she needs to be married, she needs to be accepted into a snooty women’s club, she needs to lose weight. The worst part is she doesn’t have any knowledge of self-worth. I can possibly accept this from a woman in her early or mid-twenties, but not from a woman in her mid to late-thirties! Reading the book is pissing me off. I think I’m going to dump it and delve into Fifty Shades of Grey!
- While taking a break from the previous book, I read this book about natural hair care: If You Love It, It Will Grow by Phoeynx Austin. Easy read, not pushy, and full of great information. I loved it! My plan is to use what I’ve learned to come up with a concrete hair care regimen.
- I can’t believe I’m approaching the one year mark at my job! The time has flown by. July marked the start of our fiscal year. I’m excited to make all the processes my own. I inherited someone else’s system when I started and adapted to it. Now, that I’m comfortable, I can implement my own system! I’ve been waiting to do this since I started!
- So, I took a week or two off from myfitnesspal and regular exercise and gained pretty much gained back the 2 pounds I loss… Damn those Publix Bakery chocolate chip cookies! I’m not even a fan of chocolate!? Not cool! Back to counting calories and exercise I go! I know I’m going to do a lot of eating and drinking this weekend. Thankfully, my sister has a treadmill and NYC requires a lot of walking and the subway in the summertime requires a lot of sweating!
Day to Day