- RJ’s birthday is a little over a month away! I thought about doing a party, but I’m not even in the mood to plan a small one. So, we’re going to take some cupcakes to school and have a very happy birthday there. Then, we’ll do a special family outing to celebrate. I figure I’m going to keep it small until he’s old enough to start hounding us for parties.
- My birthday is one week after RJ’s. I want to treat myself with a visit to this natural hair salon in Charlotte. I’ve been wanting to go to for quite some time. I have to book a consultation appointment before they allow you to book an actual styling appointment. So, I need to get on that, pronto.
- Speaking of hair, I’ve been thinking about chopping mine off. I transitioned for over a year before I had the relaxed ends of my hair cut off. So, I had quite a bit of hair once I did. I never really experienced the TWA (teeny weeny afro). I’m getting the itch for a new look. Hubby’s not really a fan. I wore my hair really short my senior year of high school and I liked it . *sigh* I’m hoping my trip to this salon will give me some perspective.
- My weekends are pretty busy this month. I’m mainly looking forward to the Parents’ Night Out/PJ Party next Saturday night at RJ’s school. For $10 a few of the school’s teachers will watch our kids for 4hours and the parents get a break. A pizza dinner is provided. It’s way cheaper than what we pay our sitter and we already know the teachers so it’s a win win situation. I’m looking forward to a kid free dinner and time with Hubby.
- We’ve made some progress with RJ’s sleep issues. We no longer have to rock him to sleep. However, we still haven’t fully tackled his sleeping through the night. It’s still sporadic but when he does wake up we can get him to go back to sleep in his own bed, most of the time.
- Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? We’ve started to focus on travel plans, celebrations and gifts. First, to kick things off, I’m hoping we have time to make a trip back to this pumpkin patch. We took RJ last year and had a blast. I’m also hoping to squeeze in a trip to Sky Top Orchard. We’ve never been, but I hear it’s great and their homemade apple cider donuts are to die for!
Day to Day