It’s my last week of work before vacation, and let me tell you, I’m good for nothing! So much so, I’m typing this while listening to Christmas music and nibbling on pumpkin bread* that’s supposed to go to the maintenance guys as a Christmas gift*, while at work! So, I’m in a list mood today so this post will be a list of what’s going on here at the M Spot.
- We are done with RJ’s Christmas gifts. I got him a few things while we were in NYC and picked up a couple more things yesterday. Hubby and I have decided to go light on gifts for each other this year. We have a big bill due later this month and we are focused on that. Besides, I have no idea what I want anyway! Do you have a gift that you just have to have this year? Are you done with your shopping?
- Our Christmas plans are set and we will spend the day with my family in Charleston! I’m ready for food, fun and family!
- I whipped out my KitchenAid mixer a few nights ago and made cookies for some of our tutors and the school maintenance people. I’ve had the mixer for a few years and that was about the 3rd time I’ve used it! I made Giada’s Oatmeal, Cranberry, Chocolate Chunk Cookies, minus the chocolate, and Ina Garten’s Ultimate Ginger Cookies. The oatmeal cookies were great. I left out the chocolate, just because. The ginger cookies have crystallized ginger, candied ginger, in them. It is very overpowering. I really like ginger cookies, but I’m not a ginger lover. This recipe was a little much for me. I will probably make the cookies again, but leave out the crystallized ginger. Besides, I could only find the stuff at WholeFoods and it was $5.38/lb. *Ummhmm that’s right:|*
- Here at the center, we are preparing for our Holiday potluck, Thursday night. The students and tutors will bring their families and a dish. I’m looking forward to meeting their families and having them meet my two guys.
- Our staff Christmas lunch is Friday. All centers will close at noon and we will officially begin our vacation with a staff lunch. I’m exchanging gifts with my two co-workers at my center. I have the perfect gift for my co-manager, but I have no idea what to get out part-time staffer. I’m running out of time, but I want it to look like I put as much thought into her gift as I did the other. Dilemmas!Dilemmas! What do you get a person whom you haven’t learned that well?
Now, would you look at that?! By the time I hit publish and shut down my computer, it will be time for me to go home!!! Perfect:) LOL